Disclosure: If you buy a product or service after clicking one of our links, we may be paid a commission
Are you worried sick about your dog suffering from kennel cough? need home remedies for kennel cough ? But first you need to know that what a kennel cough is. Kennel cough is also known by the name of canine infectious disease (CIRD) or infectious tracheobronchitis.
It is a highly contagious respiratory disease in dogs. This disease does spread when the dog is exposed to respiratory secretions of a dog who has already been affected. Kennel cough can result in life threatening pneumonia in some dogs, so you must be very careful about it.
Kennel Cough Symptoms
There are several symptoms of kennel cough. We have listed some of the most important ones. You can have a look at them in the following bullet points that are located in the paragraph below.
- Your dog would experience a dry cough that is persistent
- Your dog would retch with the production of foam that is white in colour
- You dog would experience coughing during night which would be keeping you and your dog awake the entire night
- Your dog would experience loss of appetite
- Your dog would experience lethargy
- Your dog would experience fever
- Your dog would experience problem in breathing
What Can You Do For Kennel Cough At Home?
There are some options of remedy in home for the cases of kennel cough that are very mild. But beside using these home remedies you must also keep in mind and keep an eye to check that the symptoms are getting worse or not. Home remedies for kennel cough symptoms are enough until the situation to get worse.
The home remedies for kennel cough in dogs are listed in the points that are given in the following sentences.
- You can try adding honey to water that is warm. Honey helps in soothing your dog’s throat. It helps in reducing and minimising coughing.
- You must make sure that your furry friend is having maximum amount of rest that is required for him or her
- Try to keep your dog hydrated
- Try to avoid keeping your dog near any sort of smoke.
- You can use your shower to do steam therapy. While you are taking a shower or bath allow your furry friend to enjoy the steam therapy
- You can put in to use a humidifier for soothing your dog. You can use a small humidifier to place near your dog while your dog is resting. This would moisten the air that your dog breathes which helps to reduce irritation that is experienced in the respiratory tract.
- You can try the process of adding probiotics to the diet chart of your dog. This beneficial bacterium is highly equipped to deal with the immune system.
- Try to use cinnamon oil to treat your dog’s kennel cough. This is because the spice cinnamon is an antiviral element to a high degree.
- You can try to treat your furry friend’s kennel cough by the use of coconut oil. This is because coconut oil do possess antiviral properties.
These were some cure for kennel cough home remedies and home remedies for kennel cough in puppies.
Can Kennel Cough Go Away On Its Own?
Yes, kennel cough can go away on its own. In most cases, kennel cough clears up within two to three weeks that is fourteen to twenty-one days. If your furry friend is perky and eating well, you can use the home remedies. If it turns otherwise, you must contact your dog’s veterinary doctor.
How long can kennel cough last? Kennel cough last about two to three weeks in the general sense.
Kennel Cough And Off The Counter
What can give my dog for kennel cough over the counter? There are various mild over the counter cough suppressants such as Mucinex cough medicine for children might help to keep your pet comfortable.
The Doctor’s Door
Do i need to take my dog to the vet for kennel cough? You can first try to deal with the kennel cough by using the home remedy. If it is not enough then you must take a visit to your veterinary doctor as the symptoms of kennel cough is intermingled with the symptoms of various respiratory disease.
What do vets do for kennel cough? A vet may prescribe antibiotic to ease the suffering of your furry friend.
Kennel Cough And Antibiotic
Which antibiotic is used for kennel cough? There are two antibiotics that are used for treating kennel cough. They are listed in the following bullet points.
Benadryll And Kennel Cough
Does benadryll helps kennel cough? The Benadryll is an antihistamine. This Benadryll helps to reduce the swelling in a significant way. Is kennel cough an infectious one? To answer your question, we must say that yes, kennel cough is an infectious one.
Amoxicillin And Kennel Cough
Does amoxicillin work for kennel cough? Many veterinary doctors and experts do prescribe Amoxicillin for kennel cough and you would be amazed to hear that it works like magic and helps in easing the sufferings of your furry friend. This drug kills bacteria by disrupting the formation of the cell walls.
Kennel Cough And Human Beings
Can humans get kennel cough from dogs? This disease is observed am0ong the dogs. It also does take place in the case of guinea pigs, cats and other such animals. It can also occur that the human beings get contracted this disease from dogs.
So, as it is evident that you must take care of your furry friend while he or she is suffering from kennel cough. You can help him or her with home remedies. If you find that the home remedies do not suffice, try to contact a doctor as early as possible for proper treatment.
How Long Does It Take For Kennel Cough Antibiotics To Work?
The antibiotics takes a time period of minimum four days to start working.
How Do You Get Rid Of Kennel Cough?
You can help your furry friend get rid of the kennel cough by taking him or her to the veterinary doctor and the doctor in turn would administer antibiotics to your furry friend which would help him or her in the process of healing from the kennel cough.
How Long Should A Dog Be Isolated With Kennel Cough?
Your dog must be isolated for a period of two weeks that is for seven days.
How Long Until Kennel Cough Is Not Contagious?
Most of the dogs are not contagious after the had been affected for ten to twelve days.
Is Kennel Cough Worse At Night?
Yes, the kennel coughs are worse at night.
Is Kennel Cough Dry Or Wet?
The kennel cough can be dry, hoarse or productive producing mucus with it.
Does Coconut Oil Help Kennel?
Coconut has an anti- bacterial property that helps to heal kennel cough in dogs and various sorts of animals.